The cuteness of a chocolate Santa sleigh! I mean, it’s a sleigh and you can eat it. What’s not to like! I made quite a few of them at the one time so I was like an elf in Santa’s workshop with a factory line of chocolate sleighs! You can’t get more Christmassy than that!!
I just realised you could roll up some money and stick it to the sleigh for a really, really special gift!
What you’ll need to make a Chocolate Santa Sleigh
- Kit Kat bar (fullsize)
- Funsize chocolate bars
- Double sided sticky tape
- Chocolate Santa Claus (small)
- Candy canes (2 per sleigh)
- Optional: Chocolate coins
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue gun sticks
- Thin ribbon
How to make a Chocolate Santa Sleigh
- Hot glue the candy canes to the bottom of the Kit Kat bar. Make sure the hook of the candy cane faces up towards the top of the Kit Kat bar.
- Flip the Kit Kat bar over and using double sided sticky tape to pile all the “presents” (funsize chocolate bars) on the sleigh. Don’t use hot glue here. I found out the hard way that it will melt the wrappers. Nobody wants to eat hot glue on Christmas morning! You can only use hot glue on chocolates with foil wrappers and candy canes.
- Tie ribbon around the sleigh. Make sure it’s off-centre so Santa fits on the sleigh. Curl the ends of the ribbon.
- Hot glue Santa on to the front of the sleigh. You can also hot glue a chocolate coin to the back of the sleigh. I think it looks like a spare tyre!
Have you got all your Christmas presents sorted? I am going to make some of these chocolate Santa sleighs as little stocking fillers for everyone. We do Secret Santa in my house, which I absolutely love, it really takes a lot of the stress out of Christmas. Still, I always make a little surprise every year for everybody just to keep the magic in Christmas.
Any tips on how you keep Christmas stress free?? Let me know?
If you make this the chocolate Santa sleigh then tag me on Facebook or instagram #procrastimake