Who would ever believe that this DIY Christmas wreath is actually made from bin bags and a wire hanger?! This DIY started when I bought the wrong size bin bags. The last thing the world needs is more plastic bags so I came up with this easy wreath idea.
Supplies for DIY Christmas wreath
- White plastic bags or bin bags
- Wire clothes hanger
- Poinsettia flowers (affiliate link)
How to make DIY Christmas Wreath
1. Bend wire hanger into a circle.
2. Trim off the bottom and the handle of the plastic bags. Without unfolding the bags, cut the bag into inch strips, as per the photo below.
3. Trim off the edges of these strips and you end up with 1 X 5 inch strips. This is my top tip, it makes it so much quicker to cut up the strips.
3. Knot each strip on to the hanger. Keep cutting and knotting until you can’t see any of the wire circle. To make the wreath look really full, push the knotted strips together tightly. It is the perfect thing to do while watching a movie.
4. When your wreath is done, fluff it out and trim off any sticky-out bits.
5. Lastly, add flowers to the wreath by wrapping them around the wreath. You can also use hot glue to do this. I wrap them so I can change up wreath whenever I want.
Did you know a DIY Christmas wreath is not just for Christmas? I use the wreath for different holidays too. At Easter, I put rabbit ears on it and a rabbit’s tail (pink pom pom). For Halloween, I attach lots of plastic spiders for a creepy feel. If you make the wreath please send me pictures using the #Procrastimake I would love to see all the different way you decorate it.
If you have any questions let me know in the comments below.