As my sister constantly tells me, I am terrible at wrapping presents. In an effort to escape wrapping presents I decided to make gift bags. I used to work in a shop and at Christmas we had a gift wrapping service. Some of my customers asked if they could wrap their own gifts 🙁
Making these gift bags is so easy.
What you’ll need to make a gift bag
- Wrapping paper
- Hole punch
How to make a gift bag
- Cut out wrapping paper. Make sure it can wrap around your gift.
- Roll it into a tube shape. Make sure the sides overlap and sellotape it into place.
- Fold up the bottom of the tube to form the base. The bigger the fold the bigger the base.
- Separate out the folded bottom. Fold the creased edges in towards the centre to create a diamond shape.
- To close up the bottom of the gift bag, fold the top and bottom points of the diamond in towards the centre. Make sure they overlap, nobody likes a bag with a hole! Tape them in place.
- Put your gift in the bag. Fold over the top of the bag towards the back. Fold in the side edges so it looks neat at the front. Punch 2 holes though the folded over top. Thread ribbon into the holes and tie the ribbon to close the gift bag.
So that is the gift bag. Obviously don’t make your gift bag with the writing upside down like I did! I was going to re-shoot the video and then I decided that sometimes it’s nice to see mistakes.
Let me know in the comments what your wrapping skills are like? Any tips? What is the most awkward thing you have ever wrapped? Mine was a tutu skirt, with a lace crown and a wand that I made myself so I had no box to put it into. That was the first time I made a gift bag because I just couldn’t think how to wrap them!
If you make a gift bag be sure and share it with me using #procrastimake.