Stuck for a fancy looking gift box for small presents like jewellery? In this video you will see how to make a gift box from toilet paper roll! I know the words toilet paper roll and fancy don’t usually go together in the same sentence but I have come to learn that tarting up toilet paper roll is way easier than you would think! Check out this toilet paper star if you don’t believe me.
Have you guys noticed that lately even nice, expensive costume jewellery rarely comes in a gift box? I always think presentation is really important with gifts because without good presentation an expensive gift looks cheap. Usually I am trying to go the other way around- making a cheap present look expensive. Maybe that’s just me!
What you’ll need to make a gift box
How to make a gift box
- Measure and cut paper to wrap around the toilet paper roll. Glue the paper to the toilet paper roll.
- Flatten toilet paper roll to create an oval tube.
- Stand the roll up and pinch one side of the oval to meet the other side. Do the same on the other side of the oval and you have closed off one side of your gift box.
- Drop your gift into the open side of the gift box. Close the gift box by repeating step 3.
- Tie a bow around the box so nobody can peep in to see what they got! Not that I would ever do a thing like that!! Would you??
Now that you know how to make a gift box, you’re only other decision is whether or not to tell anybody that it started out life as a toilet paper roll?!!! Decisions, decisions 🙂
Be sure to tag me if you make this DIY with #procrastimake and don’t forget to check out my star toilet paper roll DIY