If you’re going to have a hot chocolate why not make it with real chocolate. To quote L’Oreal “you’re worth it”!! It only takes five minutes, which is about the same amount of time that it will take you to boil a kettle and make a boring packet hot chocolate. Don’t you love it when something seems so luxurious and posh and it really is super simple! For this posh homemade hot chocolate you can use any chocolate you like. I prefer dark chocolate because it’s posher 🙂
What you’ll need to make luxury homemade hot chocolate
- 500 ml full fat milk or use 1/2 milk, 1/2 cream for real luxury!
- 125 g Dark chocolate (60%), if you prefer milk use that
- Mini marshmallows
- Optional: Whipped cream
- Sugar to taste
How to make luxury homemade hot chocolate
- Simmer milk in a pot. Make sure it doesn’t boil.
- Break up the chocolate into little pieces. Add the chocolate to the simmering milk.
- Melt the chocolate, stirring all the time.
- Pour into cups, top with marshmallows and whipped cream. I like a drop of rum too!
It is so easy to make homemade hot chocolate, yet it seems very fancy and posh. Let me know your favourite hot chocolate toppings? I always love new, tasty alternatives.
If you have lots of left over chocolate, try my triple chocolate bark.